Researching for the best jogging stroller, can bring on a sense of confusion. You want to make the right decision because it concerns the safety and well being of your child. Parents can be overwhelmed due to the fact that you must choose from different types, shapes, sizes, and brands. In the end, you must utilize jogging stroller reviews, consumer reports, and feedback to decide what fits your family’s needs and budget.
Choosing The Best Jogging Stroller
Purchasing a jogging stroller for your baby requires some research. There is such a variety of running strollers to choose from. You must determine how and where you will be using the stroller the most. Then after that you must consider the safety and comfort of the child.
After being cooped up for months caring for the baby, jogging strollers provide a well deserved break and a reason to get active. The best jogging stroller makes it easy to roll over uneven surfaces and make sharp turns while getting in shape spending time with the baby.
Our Top Picks
The Bob Revolution Stroller accommodates children up to 70 pounds and is designed to be your all-in-one stroller. This is a durable baby jogger that moves effortlessly on any terrain due to the ability to switch from fixed wheel to swivel wheel. If you want the best jogging stroller, this is the stroller to compare other brands to.
The Joovy Zoom 360 Jogging Stroller includes many of the features in higher priced models, but at a much lower price. It is the largest jogger on the market has the highest handlebars, which is great for jogging. Features a huge canopy to shield the suns glare and an adjustable swivel wheel which makes it easy to maneuver. This competes with the most expensive models. Definitely worth the money.
The Schwinn Free Runner Jogging Stroller is very easy to maneuver. 16 inch wheels and rear suspension system provide stability that allows baby to nap comfortably while you jog. The adjustable handle allows this stroller to steer like a dream and turn on a dime with no extra effort. Very sturdy and lightweight. Definitely worth the money for these baby jogging strollers.
Types Of Jogging Strollers
Jogging strollers will fall into the following categories:
- Single Jogging Strollers – These are a lightweight solution that allows baby to go for a walk, hike, or jog with mom or dad.
- Double Jogging Strollers – Allows for 2 children. The double stroller will come in a side by side design or tandem design which seats the kids one in front of the other.
- Triple Jogging Strollers – In the rare occasion that you need one, but these are made for wheeling around 3 kids. Save money without having to buy multiple strollers.
Jogging strollers stand out from a typical stroller and are easy to identify. They generally have three wheels, with one large wheel in the front and two smaller wheels in the back. Another way to differentiate would be the handle bars. On the best jogging stroller for runners the grip will be ridged to prevent slipping of sweaty hands and may even include a handbrake for quick stopping.
Features To Look For When You Buy A Jogging Stroller
- Safety - Baby joggers should offer a hand brake, parking lock, and safety leash for secure stopping. Also, the best jogging stroller will a five-point safety harness to secure the kids.
- Convenience - Quick and easy folding that make it easy to store or transport a stroller. Make sure to look for cargo baskets, trays, and pockets for storing extra gear.
- Weather Protection - Jogging strollers should strollers feature a large adjustable canopy to protect baby from sun and rain. Some even come with an additional bug and rain screen.
- Suspension System - Try to get larger 16- 20-inch wheels to provide a smoother ride. Shock are placed on the wheels and can be adjusted for light or heavy loads.
Swivel Wheel Vs. Fixed Wheel
The type of wheels to look for in your research for the best jogging stroller will depend on the surface you will be on the most. If you are going to be on a bumpy terrain, then look for 16-20 inch wheels. These bigger wheels will make for a more comfortable ride and allow you to navigate more smoothly. On the other hand, smaller wheels like 12 inches are ideal for smooth grounds and allow great maneuverability with turns.
Swivel wheels are relatively new to jogging strollers and have taken off in popularity. This type of wheel is ideal for indoors because it is easier to turn. These are ideal for the occasional jogger or walker as swivel wheel jogging strollers can double as an everyday use stroller. This 2-in-1 feature on top rated baby joggers can also include a swivel to fixed wheel option.
Fixed wheels are for serious runners whose favorite option for the best jogging stroller is to track straight ahead instead of turning side to side. Turning with a fixed wheel is accomplished by pushing down on the handle bar which will raise the front wheel as you turn the stroller. If you train on off road surfaces, fixed wheel jogging strollers can handle anything from a casual walk to running on a dirt path.
There are several options to consider before making a selection on what jogging stroller to buy. Your choice should not be based upon price and brand. When it comes to precautions for the baby, do not compromise safety to save a few dollars. Do your research and make a sound decision when looking for the best jogging stroller.